Eletiofe BREAKING: FG Denies Generating ‘No-fly’ List Of #EndSARS Protesters

BREAKING: FG Denies Generating ‘No-fly’ List Of #EndSARS Protesters

-

- Advertisment -

The Federal Government has debunked claims that it generated a ‘no-fly’ list of Nigerian youths and persons who took part in the  #EndSARS protests against police brutality and extra-judicial killings in the country.

The Federal Ministry of Interior made this known in a tweet on Tuesday in reaction to a media report by an online publication.

The publication alleged that the Nigerian authorities have started collating a no-fly list of Nigerians that energised the #EndSARS protest last month.

Reacting, @MinOfInteriorNG wrote, “The Ministry of Interior did not, has not and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news, please!”




It was earlier reported that the Nigeria Immigration Service on Monday prevented a promoter of the #EndSARS movement, Modupe Odele, from travelling.

Although the officers did not disclose the reason for their action, it is believed that the action was taken because of her alleged role in the #EndSARS protests.

Odele, had through her Twitter handle, @Mochievous, mobilised her 219,000 followers during the protests.

She had also offered free legal aid to persons who were unjustly arrested during the demonstrations.

Confirming the development in a newsletter sent out on Monday, the lawyer said she was on her way to the Maldives to celebrate her birthday when she was accosted by immigration officers.

Odele said she was detained while her passport was seized by the officers and she was made to miss her flight.

The revelation sparked outrage on Twitter with thousands calling on the authorities to stop harassing Odele.

A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, said she has written the National Security Adviser, Babagana Mungono, over the matter.

Ezekwesili tweeted, “Today, I have written to Babagana Mungono, the National Security Adviser of @MBuhari @NGRPresident to immediately retrieve Modupe Odele’s passport from the SSS and publicly apologise for trampling on her freedoms. Maybe they’ll be wise this time. We’ll wait and see.”


 

Latest news

#EndSARS: How My Son Died In My Arms At Lekki Toll Gate – Woman Recalls

The woman shared her story in an interview with CNN A woman whose son...

‘Somebody’s Son Can Not Find You With That Video’ – Nigerians Mock Tiwa Savage Over Leaked Tape

Tiwa Savage Nigerian singer, Tiwa Savage has become an object of mockery on social...

You’ll Receive More Slaps – Tega Threatens Uche Maduagwu For Rebuking Boma

Uche, Tega and Boma Reality television star, Big Brother Nigeria's Tega Dominic has threatened...

FG Scraps DPR, PPPRA, PEF

The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and the Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF) has...
- Advertisement -

Arrest, Jail Lai Mohammed Now – HURIWA Tells Security Sgencies

Lai Mohammed The Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has caled the the...

”My Life Is In Danger, A Pastor Prophesied I Would Be Shot On October 18” – Shatta Wale Cries Out

Popular Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale, has raised alarm that he has been receiving death threats and no longer...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you