Eletiofe Kano Govt says viral video clips meant to discredit...

Kano Govt says viral video clips meant to discredit COVID-19 efforts

-

- Advertisment -

Garba, who was reacting to a viral social media video clip on the project, dismissed the footage as a “mischievous attempt to misrepresent facts on the ongoing installation works at the isolation centre, donated by the Coalition Against COVID-19 (CACOVID).”

The project, which was initiated in April, was designed with a 500-bed capacity for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the three and a half minutes video clip, showed ongoing installation works at the isolation centre with artisans working inside one of the two temporary tents

It also showed beds and containers packed outside the tents, while a commentator alleged that the centre was not functional in spite of the hundreds of confirmed cases of the virus in the state.

Garba, however, said that the video clip was an attempt to discredit the effort by the coalition in the fight against COVID-19.

“Whoever is behind the filming does so to deliberately to distort the datum considering that even in the clip, it shows that the project is still ongoing, but calculatedly moves away from filming the exercise just to accomplish the task of garbling the fact.

“The Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Centre initially billed to accommodate 500 beds was later redesigned based on recommendation and standards set by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 (PTF) and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC),” he said.

Garba explained that while the project was reviewed and installation works continued, 218 of the 500 beds planned for the centre were deployed to other centres.

He listed the centres to include Abubakar Imam Urology, 77 beds; Daula Isolation Centre, 10 beds and 213 beds moved to Karfi Sports Institute.

The commissioner noted that 213 beds were retained at SAS Isolation Centre, bringing the total number of 500-bed capacity delivered by CACOVID in the state.

Garba reiterated government commitment to ensure completion of the 213-bed capacity isolation centre at the stadium, in accordance with recommendation of the relevant health authorities.

He urged members of the public to disregard the video clip, stressing that government would not be distracted from the big picture to serve the people.

The Kano State Ministry of Health had confirmed 919 COVID-19 cases of which 747 were active cases, 134 discharged and 38 deaths as at May 25.

Latest news

Panic As 6900 People Test Positive For HIV Within 6 Months In Oyo

The Oyo State Agency for the Control of AIDS (OYSACA) has revealed that between January and June 2020, over...

“Don’t Talk To Me That Way. I’m the President of US” – Trump Fires At Reporter Asking Him to Explain Election Fraud Allegations (Video)

Donald Trump A reporter has been scolded by US President, Donald Trump during an interview. It happened on November, 26 after...

Family Blows Hot, Demands Trial Of Ex-Rivers’ SARS Commander For Alleged Murder

A former SARS commander is under fire by a family claiming that their son had been murdered, Vanguard reports.The...

Northern Elders Demand Resignation Of Fashola…See Why

Alhaji Rufai Mukhtar Danmaje, a member of the Northern Elders Forum and the Chairman of Maje Foundation,  has asked...
- Advertisement -

Five Men Inscribe ’50K’ On 16-year-old Teenager After Raping Her In Enugu

Assault A Nigerian man may be in serious trouble after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenage girl in Enugu...

After Over 3 Days In Kuje Prison, Court Grants Senator Ndume Bail

Ali Ndume A Nigerian lawmaker imprisoned for at least three days has finally been granted bail. The Federal High Court in...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you