EletiofeHow Governor Oyebanj Reaced To Killing Of Monarchs, Abduction...

How Governor Oyebanj Reaced To Killing Of Monarchs, Abduction Of Pupils In Ekiti

-

- Advertisment -

The governor of Ekiti, Biodun Oyebanji, has described the recent cases of insecurity in the state as devastating.

On Monday, gunmen kidnapped six pupils of Apostolic Faith School, three teachers, and a driver during an attack on the school bus on its way to Eporo-Ekiti from Emure.

The abduction occurred a few hours after two traditional rulers in the state were killed by suspected kidnappers.

In a statement by the governor on Tuesday, Oyebanji said security agents have been tasked to fish out the killers of the traditional rulers and abductors of the students.

He said his administration has prioritised the security of lives and properties since he took over the leadership of the state from Kayode Fayemi, his predecessor.

“I want to express my deep condolences to the immediate families of the late monarchs, their communities and the entire members of Ekiti State Council of Traditional Rulers for the loss of these selfless royal fathers,” the statement reads.

“Similarly, just yesterday, we received another disturbing news that some pupils of the Apostolic Faith Nursery and Primary School, Emure-Ekiti and their teachers who were being conveyed home after school, were waylaid and kidnapped between Emure-Ekiti and Eporo.



“Security agents are currently working hard to rescue them. They have my instructions to ensure the victims are saved from the clutches of their abductors and reunited with their families very soon and unhurt.

“As your governor, this new turn of events in our dear State is a very devastating and sad one for me; this is because security has always held a significant priority in our administration and this can be seen in our State being consistently adjudged one of the most peaceful with the low crime rate in the entire Federation.”

Meanwhile, the police command in the state arrested five suspected kidnappers during a raid of some forests on Tuesday.

The police identified the suspects as Usman Jelili, Mohammed Bande, Abubakar Aliu, Isah Abdulahi, and Suleiman Abdulahi.

Latest news

Google Pixel 11 Review: Minor Upgrade

I was delighted to get Hibiscus (otherwise known as hot pink), but there’s also a more subtle Pistachio (warm...

The Galaxy’s Fastest Star Could Reveal the Secrets of a Supermassive Black Hole

A team of astronomers has just detected the fastest star in the galaxy. Its anomalous speed has a more...

China Is Strapping ‘Digital Bombs’ to Civilian Infrastructure—Is the US Ready?

Earlier this year, insurance executives gathered in a Times Square conference room to play out a scenario: A Chinese...

Silicon Valley Doesn’t Get Why You Hate AI

Silicon Valley is trying to make sense of the growing backlash against artificial intelligence, but so far, it’s not...
- Advertisement -

Poolease X1 Pool Robot Review: How Bad Can It Be?

Results were not particularly impressive. With both organic and synthetic debris, the Poolease X1 was only typically able to...

Bumble Tried to Change Dating, but the Dating Market Forced It to Change Instead

Not even 24 hours after dating app Bumble announced it was getting rid of its trademark feature that requires...

Must read

Google Pixel 11 Review: Minor Upgrade

I was delighted to get Hibiscus (otherwise known as...

The Galaxy’s Fastest Star Could Reveal the Secrets of a Supermassive Black Hole

A team of astronomers has just detected the fastest...
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you